Re: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] Xen --> Guest

Do you require notification in the kernel or in user space? If it will suffice to get the notification in user space, then you can simply use the xc_evtchn_* functions in libxc, which enable you to poll or block on the event channel. See tools/console/daemon/io.c for an example of where this is used.

Regards,

Derek Murray.

On 21 Mar 2007, at 16:25, Petersson, Mats wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Security Initiative Team [mailto:passrete@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 March 2007 16:17
To: Petersson, Mats; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen --> Guest

Yes, that's what I figured.

But, I haven't really been able to figure out how to actually
implement
a new event channel.

I did create a new Virtual interrupt and registered it on the
DomU side.
I was able to bind to it on the Xen side.
However, the
vcpu_info->evtchn_upcall_pending variable doesn't seem
to get set correctly.
I have v->vcpu_info->evtchn_upcall_mask = 0.

Plus, I'm not quite sure how to do the polling on the DomU side.

If you have a good idea as to how to implement it,
please do let me know.

This is definitely a "xen-devel" question, so I removed the Xen-users
from distribution list.

I'm not an expert on Event-channel operations, but it certainly should
be possible to set this up.

This part of the Xen interface document could be useful, I think:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/interface/ interfa
ce.html#SECTION00600000000000000000

--
Mats

"Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

        And isn't this EXACTLY what the event-channel does?

        --
        Mats

        > Thanks,
        > -Brian
        >
        > "Petersson, Mats" wrote:

Food fight?
<http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TA
zM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWc x?
link=ask&sid=396545367>  Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.