[Xen-devel] Xen Summit #4, Apr 17-18, Yorktown, NY

Folks,

The summit program is shaping up nicely -- we've received talk proposals
from a whole host of interesting Xen-related projects that I haven't
previously heard of.

We've decided to go for a two track program which will allow more space
for attendees, hence we can now open registration more widely --
consider the link to the registration site below now open to everyone on
a first come first served basis.

We're still very interested to hear talk proposals but please send a few
sentences to summit-talks <at> xensource.com ASAP as we want to get the
sessions finalized.

Hope to see you at the summit!

Best,
Ian

We are pleased to announce that IBM has generously offered to host the
4th Xen Summit, which will be held April 17-18 2007 at the IBM TJ Watson
Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY
<http://www.watson.ibm.com/general_info_ykt.shtml> .

Click here <https://www.regonline.com/124479>  to register now

IBM is one of the most active contributors to the Xen project, and has
been one of its strongest supporters. We are  grateful for IBM's
support.

Lodging

You are responsible for your own lodging and travel arrangements.  A
list of recommended nearby hotels is here
<http://www.watson.ibm.com/lodging.shtml> .

Fees

The event fee covers our costs for event management and meals/breaks
during the day at the event, as well as the Summit social event.  A
limited number of discounted seats is held for starving .org, .edu and
non-sponsored contributors. We will hold a dinner and social event on
April 17th at The Boston Billiard Club, Danbury CT
<http://www.bostonbilliardclub.com/danbury.htm> , which is 1/2 hour by
road from TJ Watson.  By popular request there will be a repeat of the
snooker competition that we had in San Jose, with cool prizes.

Call for Presentation Proposals

The Xen Summit will include two full days of technical discussion and
working meetings.

There will be opening and closing plenary sessions, and up to two tracks
of parallel sessions during the remainder of the meeting. We invite you
to submit proposals for presentations and/or tutorials on any of the
topics below, or indeed any other topic of importance to the Xen
development community. Areas of interest include:

*       Xen Project roadmap
*       Xen Security roadmap
*       Core hypervisor roadmap
*       x86/ia64/ppc and other ports
*       Integrating smart I/O hardware
*       Benchmarking and performance optimization
*       Testing
*       Xen Control Stack roadmap
*       Linux Paravirt_ops and upstreaming
*       Solaris, *BSD and other OSes
*       Improving emulated device support
*       SCSI, Framebuffer and other driver support
*       Research projects using Xen
*       Interoperability with other virtualization platforms

Please send a paragraph proposing your topic and desired presentation
length (plan for 1/2 hour sessions) detailing the specific technical
area and contribution you will make.  As with previous summits, all the
talks presented will be collected to appear as PDFs on the summit web
site.  We would ideally like papers to be accompanied by a written
mini-paper, to augment the presentation.

Please submit your proposals to summit-talks <at> xensource.com ASAP.