Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: [0/2] Remove netloop by lazy copying in netback

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 08:51:15AM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

> Also bear in mind the plan to avoid the grant mapping at all in the
> direct-to-wire transmit case. This also will rely on a #PF (or some other
> fault, potentially) if the guest tries to access that pseudophysical page of
> memory. If we can work out a way to make this work on ia64 then the
> delayed-copy implementation problems are solved too.

That's to avoid the TLB flush costs, right?

On ia64 (or anything other than x86-32 for that matter) you have
enough virtual address bits to map the entire physical memory
into dom0 (or the driver domain) so that could also be used to
avoid TLB flushes.

Cheers,