Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: [0/2] Remove netloop by lazy copying in netback

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 10:58:46AM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

> Yet another bloody grant-table hypercall! Also there's the question of where
> this lazy state gets squirrelled away until the demand mapping occurs.
> Perhaps the p2m is usable in this case, since I expect we have plenty of
> spare bits for a not-present entry... But anyway, we don't have the luxury
> of a p2m to stick things in the x86 case.

Sorry I don't get it.  What if we called it a page table operation,
would that make it better :) In other words, what exactly is wrong
with having such an operation?

As for a place to store the info, we can just store the real MFN in
the p2m table but mark it as not present.

> I'll take a closer look at your original patch. Having viewed the
> alternatives I don't hate it so much now. :-)

Thanks,