Re: [Xen-devel] Is unmodified_drivers broken?

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 18:23 -0400, Subrahmanian, Raj wrote:
> All,
> I tried to compile unmodified drivers on the latest changeset (14631).
> The compile breaks.
> This is what I did.
> I booted up a x86_64 hvm domain that was running sles 10, I copied the
> entire xen-unstable tree into the domain.
> Then, I went into the unmodified_drivers directory and ran mkbuildtree
> and make -C /usr/src/linux M=$PWD V=1 modules .
> I have posted the results.
>
> - Have others seen this issue?
> - Is this because of some kind of mess up where the
> /usr/src/linux/include/xen directory is clashing with the local
> include/xen directory?
> Looking at the overrides.mk file, it does seem like the local directory
> is getting included first.

That's correct. The include/xen directory in the kernel you are building
against is clashing with the one in the unmodified drivers. The
workaround is to rename include/xen in the kernel to something else.

Unfortunately Kbuild doesn't give us an easy way to make sure our
headers take precedence over the in kernel ones.

Ian.