RE: [Xen-devel] A different probklem with save/restore on C/S 14823.

64-bit, shadow mode. [Haven't even got a machine with NPT :-(]

> I'd suggest write a bit of code to dump %cr3, and check
> e.g., are you
> running on the v->arch.monitor_table. Dump all entries in the
> top-level page
> directory -- are they all populated, or is entry 0 the only
> lowmem one to be
> populated? Dump the pagetable walk all the way down to the mapping of
> address 0: what machine address is mapped there?

Whilst I agree this is a good path to go down, I'm not quite sure why
cr3 would point anywhere but to monitor_table, is there any (legal) case
where cr3 isn't this value when in the hypervisor?

--
Mats