Re: [Xen-devel] compilation fails with __stack_check_fail in xen-3.0.4

pradeep singh rautela wrote:

> I downloaded the xen-3.0.4 source from xensource site and compiled it
> from source.
>
> On giving a make world , the make fails after almost finishing the
> compilation.
> The error i got is -
>
> init/built- in.o: In function `try_name':
> do_mounts.c:(.text+0x5f3): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'

> Please note i am running Ubuntu6.10 Edgy Eft.
> GCC 4.1
> Kernel 2.6.20.1 <http://2.6.20.1> (This is not required i guess)
>
> Somehow i suspect gcc4.1 is playing the spoilsport here. :-(

Right, your gcc sets by default the stack-protector flag. You have to
manually disable it by editing some makefiles.
According to my experience you have add "-fno-stack-protector" to the
CFLAGS within all of the following files:

Config.mk
pristine-linux-2.6.16.33/Makefile
ref-linux-2.6.16.33/Makefile
linux-2.6.16.33-xen/Makefile
linux-2.6-xen-sparse/arch/<your architecture>/Makefile

Jan