[Xen-devel] Re: status of lib/swiotlb.c cleanups?

Unfortunately I don't think we can make any more significant progress in
mainline linux; some smaller parts of the abstraction patch might get
accepted, but I think we win pretty little unless we can actually drop the
Xen special altogether. What I wanted to do occasionally, though, is at
least move arch/i386/kernel/swiotlb.c to lib/swiotlb-xen.c and sync the
Xen side to match native as closely as possible. Didn't get to this so far,
though.

Jan

>>> Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx> 04/30/07 5:52 PM >>>
Hi Jan,

   I'm curious about the status of your patches to make lib/swiotlb.c
more Xen friendly.  The ia64 port is currently using the hacked up
swiotlb in the i386 directory, and it's making it difficult to enable
machine vectors to support hardware iommus.  From what I can gather,
several of the smaller patches are now in upstream Linux, but the larger
abstraction patch got rejected.  Are we at a standstill with upstream
Linux until Xen is merged in?  Is anyone interested in modifying
lib/swiotlb.c in our local Xen copy of the Linux tree?  On ia64 we can
get by with fairly trivial paravirtualization of swiotlb, I'd imagine
x86_64 can as well.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.