[Xen-devel] DomU-Dom0 communication question

Hi all,

I need to create a custom communication channel between DomU and Dom0 in order
to send arbitrary messages/buffers between applications in Dom0 and DomU.

Basically, I am thinking about making a char control driver on both sides that
would transport those messages to subscribers on either end using defined IOCL
calls.

I am looking at backend/frontend drivers and I don't think it would work for
what I want to do as fron/back ends don't have any devices associated with it.

Would it be better to utilize event channel directly or write frontend/backend
drivers and control drivers on both ends? Or maybe there is another mechanism
that already exists in xen environment and I am just trying to do things the
hard way? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Max