Re: [Xen-devel] Dumping Xen dom0 kernel output to serial console

  • To: Yung Giang <yung.giang@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 23:15:16 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 02 May 2007 15:12:12 -0700

On 2/5/07 21:52, "Yung Giang" <yung.giang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

         I am having a weird problem with setting dom0 kernel output to the serial console with Xen 3.0.4-1, below is my grub setting. With this setting if I don't enter the grub menu and have the default boot to the first image, everything works fine and I can get output/input to the serial console. The problem is when I enter the grub menu and select the image to boot from, if I select the same one the first image it will not show any serial output and when the machine is up I can't get any serial output or input. Has anyone else seen this problem or have any suggestions on how it can be fix?

So serial fails to work if you press a key over the serial line and make use of the GRUB menu over serial? Or are you using the GRUB menu via VGA?

 -- Keir