Re: [Xen-devel] fair scheduling

  • To: "pradeep singh rautela" <rautelap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Harry Smith" <harry.smith272@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:25:16 +0530
  • Cc: Atsushi SAKAI <sakaia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 May 2007 23:53:46 -0700

Hi Atsushi & Pradeep,

thanks for replying back.
I have 4 VCPUs for each of VM.  But the point I wanted to stress upon is -
"This happened even in the case where CPU usage by both of vm1,vm2 is restricted to 100% each. "
I had pinned all 4 VCPUs of each VM to a single phys. CPU. & I have 4 phys. CPUs
means my vm1 was using cpu1, vm2 using cpu2 & domain-0 using cpu0,cpu3

Problem is when there is no load on vm2, webserver performance of vm1 is better.  But when vm2 has some compute-intense load then vm1 webserver performance goes down.
Please note that CPU consumption of vm1 shown by xentop in both cases is 100%,  still webserver performance goes down by around 15-20%.
Even after trying to isolate two VMs, existence of load on one VM is affecting other.

so is it expected behavior ?

thanks,
Harry