RE: [Xen-devel] [VTD][patch 0/5] HVM device assignment using vt-d

  • To: "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Guy Zana" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 14:00:01 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 31 May 2007 11:01:47 -0700

We actually launch a HVM domain with its P2M table populated in a 1:1 fashion
(where the gpfn==mfn),
We gave a lecture at the last Xen Summit, you can see it at:
http://www.xensource.com/files/xensummit_4/Neocleus_HVM_PCI_Pass-through_Zana.pdf

The 1:1 layout is still not robust as we would like it to be, it doesn't
support domain recreation for instance.

> Once your patch is released, I will take a look at it.

Sure.

Thanks,
Guy.