[Xen-devel] Merging PCI pass-through code

Hi,

Since both Neocleus' solution & Intel's solution have overlapping implementations, we should determine what should stays and what goes.
There is a question on how should we do the merge?

Here are a number of issues that we should address:

1. We should really create a separate tree and have the merging done outside of the main unstable tree.
2. Neocleus will use your configuration interface to assign pci devices.
3.1 The lpci library - I think it is best to merge Intel's code with what we have in our implementation of libpci, and you can add your functions to our library.
3.2 Your implementation doesn't read/write to the real PCI config space, I'm not sure that all devices would like that :)
4. Pass-through initialization should be done regardless of an iommu present.
5. What type of interrupt handling is the way to go? I can't compare the polarity-change with your method since I don't have an IOMMU machine...
6. Does the PIO/MMIO access functions in qemu-dm (Neocleus') are needed? (It's good for debugging)
7. The 1:1 mapping and specific-iommu code can be merged separately.

Thanks,
Guy.