Re: [Xen-devel] [patch 14/33] xen: xen time implementation

>>> Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx> 06.06.07 14:18 >>>
>

>> Yes, this could be an issue. Is there any way to get an interrupt or MCE
>> when thermal throttling occurs?
>
>Yes you can get an thermal interrupt from the local APIC. See the Linux
>kernel source. Of course there would be still a race window.
>
>On the other hand some timing issues on throttling are probably
>the smallest of the users' problems when it really happens.

Not if this results in your box hanging - I think throttling is exactly intended
to keep the box alive as long as possible (and I've seen throttling in action,
with the box happily recovering from the situation - after having seen it a
few times I checked and found the fan covered with dust).

>Standard Linux just ignores it.

Jan