Fwd: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.1 and network card RTL-8169SC isn't working

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Marco Sinhoreli" <msinhore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:52:44 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 18:50:38 -0700

On 6/26/07, Mark Williamson < mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi,

This sort of question is probably better to direct at xen-users initially, but
I'll reply here now that we've started ;-)

I know, I post this message in xen-user too.

> I have a network card "Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8169SC Gigabit
> Ethernet" in my machine. It's working fine  with xen 3.0.3 but with xen
> 3.1compilled from source  isn't working. I'm using Debian lenny. Any
> suggestion?

Maybe the kernel config defaults are different?

No, is default config.

Have you checked that the driver was built?

Yes, the module r8169.ko was builted.

Have you installed any modules that are built?

I used the makefile default made by xensource 3.1.

Can you modprobe the driver manually?

Yes, I do it and the network not work...

Others might also like to chip in if they have any ideas at this point...
There are a few cards which have had issues with Xen over the course of time,
but I'm not sure which they were or if they're still problematic.

IÂm thinking in  to abandon the onboard card and use another card in my PCI. Will be good if this card worked. Well, IÂm waiting some help with it.

Best regards

Cheers,
Mark

--
Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat?  And no pedals!
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.

--
Marco Sinhoreli