Re: [Xen-devel] feature request - prevent user stupidity (eg mine)

>> >The nice thing about the hotplug scripts is that they Just Work for
>> >dynamically adding devices.  Unless I've misread Kan's code, it won't
>> > catch a user accidentally adding a duplicate blkdev to a running domain,
>> > which is a shame.
>>
>> Could you teach me a blkdev definition or a adding blkdev operation that
>> my code cannot catch that you think of?  I'd like to test them by my code.
>
>I was thinking your code didn't get run at block-attach, but later on I
>started to think maybe it was :-)  Is it? ;-)

I tested xm block-attach command by my patch.  I believe it's okay.

# xm list --long vm1
(domain
<<snip>>
    (device
        (vbd
            (uname file:/xen/rhel4u2.root.img-vm1)
            (uuid 40221979-3528-afe0-a018-da8e4b956590)
            (mode w)
            (dev hda1:disk)
            (backend 0)
            (bootable 1)
        )
    )
<<snip>>
# xm block-attach vm1 file:/xen/rhel4u2.root.img-vm1 hdb1 w
Error: The uname "file:/xen/rhel4u2.root.img-vm1" is already defined
Usage: xm block-attach <Domain> <BackDev> <FrontDev> <Mode> [BackDomain]

Create a new virtual block device.

Best regards,
 Kan