RE: [Xen-devel] 'block' script broken: wrong error message

  • To: "Jacek Konieczny" <jajcus@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 18:32:36 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:31:03 -0700

> The last line effectively discards directory name for comparison ($f
is
> compared to $file later) if readlink of "$f" fails. In my case $f
don't
> even exists, so the directories are ignored and only basename (which
is the
> same for all my virtual machines) is compared.

The current basename comparison is foul, but losetup doesn't exactly
make it easy to do the right thing.

> And another thing: why are path names compared instead of inode
numbers.

If you know how to get the filesystem and inode numbers out of losetup,
great!

The alternative is to have xend explicitly remember what loop devices
its set up and work on the assumption that people aren't doing things
behind its back.

Ian