Re: [Xen-devel] Permissive devices in Xen

  • To: Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 10:55:16 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 02:50:03 -0700

On 8/7/07 02:05, "Lukas Hejtmanek" <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The PCI_COMMAND is handled in special way so that the device is
> enabled/disabled properly, am I right?
>
> Why is PCI_INTERRUPT_LINE read from dev->irq and not from the config space?

dom0 will have correctly routed the interrupt,a nd stored the correct irq
number in dev->irq. The number in the config space may not be correct, or
may indicate only the irq number for legacy PCI-ISA link.

> Why the PCI address bars are handled in very different way? And it seems that
> writing these bars is never committed to the real devices. Why?

domU is not trusted to manage the i/o address space. We assume dom0 has set
up the values sanely and domU should have no reason to change them.

 -- Keir