Re: [Xen-devel] Permissive devices in Xen

  • To: Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:31:30 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:29:26 -0700

On 10/7/07 00:14, "Lukas Hejtmanek" <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 11:10:12AM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
>> This was tracked down by Alex Williamson some time ago. There is code in
>> drivers/xen/pciback/conf_space_capability_pm.c:pm_ctrl_write() to restore
>> bars after a D3->D0 transition. I guess either your kernel does not have
>> that fix, or the fix needs to be extended slightly to cover whatever case
>> you are seeing.
>
> Would you be happy with patch like this?

Possibly, although I'm intrigued why the existing code to auto-reset the
BARs, in pm_ctrl_write(), doesn't work for you? Perhaps you could add some
tracing and find out? There might be a shorter patch that could be applied
there to get the existing code path working for you.

On the other hand, I don't really have anything against the patch you
submitted. If you have no joy with pm_ctrl_write() you can properly submit
your patch with a Signed-off-by line, and I'll apply it.

 -- Keir