Re: [Xen-devel] Question regarding SLAB corruption

 > > And is there any more intelligent way to give big chunks of system
 > > memory to a PCI device for exclusive use?
 >
 > Perhaps dma_alloc_coherent/pci_alloc_consistent? These always return
 > machine-contiguous memory. I'm not sure if their use in this way would be an
 > abuse of the DMA API, though.

It's not an abuse but it uses kernel address space unnecessarily on
32-bit (non-Xen) architectures.  If I'm just giving a chunk of memory
to the device, I might as well allocate pages with GFP_HIGHUSER and
save scarce kernel address space.  As a Xen-specific change it might
make sense to convert some of the allocations from alloc_pages to
dma_alloc_coherent but I'm not likely to make the change in the
mainline driver.

 - R.