Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Paravirt

Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>> If you build the kernel with CONFIG_PARAVIRT=y, CONFIG_XEN=y and
>> enable the Xen console, block and net devices (they will default =y),
>> then you should be able to use the resulting kernel with an existing
>> Xen installation (it will also boot native).  Unfortunately you can't
>> use the same actual kernel image file in both cases, but you can use
>> the same modules.
>
> Just curious, will that change?  :)

Yeah, it's a work in progress.  I have some test patches to extend the
bzImage format to contain ELF notes, and a corresponding Xen patch to
add a new file format for the domain builder. But its a bit
up-in-the-air because nobody has agreed to the bzImage format changes,
and its all a bit subtle to make sure it keeps working with a wide range
of fairly poorly implemented bootloaders.