[Xen-devel] NMI Race

I saw the following in xen\arch\x86\domain.c:

    /*
     * Map Xen segments into every VCPU's GDT, irrespective of whether every
     * VCPU will actually be used. This avoids an NMI race during context
     * switch: if we take an interrupt after switching CR3 but before switching
     * GDT, and the old VCPU# is invalid in the new domain, we would otherwise
     * try to load CS from an invalid table.
     */

Can someone please elaborate on this "NMI race"?  Ie, Between which functions called, for example?