Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] boot a existing windows in hvm domain

On 9/8/07 04:05, "Brady Chen" <chenchp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Finally I think we have the conclusion that I have to give it up on my
> T60 Laptop now.
> But I'd like to try in this way:
> install windows in xen hvm guest, and then try to boot it in native
> environment. Hope it works.

Neither way round is going to work very well. The platform hardware will
look (to Windows) to be entirely different in the two cases. Thus it will
most liekly require you to re-activate your license. Also it'll have the
wrong drivers installed and hence you'll have a bunch of driver
re-installation every time you switch between native and Xen.

> BTW, Keir, Mats, Any plan/schedule to support a full functional real
> mode simulator? Or do you know anyone are working on this? thanks

There's a plan, but not much of a schedule. Some of the cleanup work I've
been doing in xen-unstable just now will help. I'd like to think we'll have
it done by Xen 3.3; Xen 3.2 is probably too close at this point.

 -- Keir