Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Pass-through Interdomain Interrupts Sharing (HVM/Dom0)

  • To: Guy Zana <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:04:50 +0100
  • Cc: Alex Novik <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 00:01:25 -0700

On 10/8/07 08:01, "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9/8/07 18:45, "Guy Zana" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The main idea here is to inject the interrupt into Dom0 when we don't
>> know what to do with it. If Dom0 takes the ownership, then let it handle
>> the interrupt. If not, we inject it into the HVM. We recognize that all
>> of the PT devices are not asserting the line by PLINE deassertion or by
>> Dom0 taking the ownership back to it.
>
> This needs dom0 kernel changes and does not solve the general sharing
> problem (among multiple HVM domains, or among HVM domains and PV domains
> other than dom0). Could you somehow track which guest is most likely to
> handle the interrupt, deliver to it first, and then detect the immediate
> re-interrupt if it EOIs without handling? Plus have a timeout if it does not
> EOI in reasonable time?

My thought here is a simple priority list with move-to-back of the frontmost
domain when we deliver him the interrupt but he does not deassert the line
either in reasonable time or by the time he EOIs the interrupt. This is
simple generic logic needing no PV guest changes.

 -- Keir