RE: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Pass-through Interdomain Interrupts Sharing (HVM/Dom0)

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Guy Zana" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 07:50:09 -0400
  • Cc: Alex Novik <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 04:56:35 -0700

1. When will you deassert the HVM vline?
2. How do you avoid HVM spurious interrupts?

Will you raise the line again?
It is still getting complicated, and doesn't handle all cases.

> > Btw, with the method we proposed you could add PV domains to the
> > interdomain ISR chain, but it may not contain more than one HVM.
>
> Well, that kind of sucks doesn't it. And yet your method is
> significantly more complicated than my approach, at least as
> described in your email.
> Simple and more general wins the day, unless your approach
> handles more cases or has better performance?

I'm really here to find the best method.

In your method, you just don't avoid HVM spurious interrupts, I think this is a
_must_.
The priority list is a good addition, for PV guests. If you want to avoid
spurious interrupts in the HVM, the HVM must be the last in the list, which is
what we did, but started simple (with dom0 and a single hvm).

If you'll tell me that HVM spurious interrupts is not that important I'll agree
to go with your method.