Re: [Xen-devel] CPU enumeration in Xen

Keir Fraser schrieb:
It seems a bit unlikely, since the enumeration code is from Linux. Perhaps
the enumeration order has changed in Linux?

Here's what I see without Xen:

# uname -r
2.6.18.2-34-default
# grep -E "processor|physical" /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
physical id     : 0
processor       : 1
physical id     : 0
processor       : 2
physical id     : 3
processor       : 3
physical id     : 3

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-08/msg00507.html

This was tested on the exact machine the output above is from. The described tests were made with 2.6.18 and xen 3.1.0 compiled from source. No redhat patches or something like that.

From what I saw and described, it looks pretty clear that the numeration in Xen is different, but I cannot see the physical ID in /proc/cpuinfo to confirm that.

Maybe there is another way to see that?

Regards
Dominik

ps. i'll be on holiday for 3 days from now but i'll be happy to supply more information when i am back