Re: [Xen-devel] [Q]What are the build rules for Xen?

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 14:20 +0530, pradeep singh rautela wrote:
> On 9/10/07, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [snip]
> > >
> > > How do i add such a new directory in xen?
> > > e.g I want to add a new directory say foo under blkfront for domU.
> > > Can use the same rules as kbuild system?
> >
> > In that specific example (blkfront/foo) you are modifying a Linux source
> > tree, so of course you use Kbuild.
>
> aah.. i see.
> BTW there are no Kconfig or Makefiles in linux-2.6.-xen-sparse/net/core/* .
>
> If i add my foo/ directory under net, will xen build automatically
> recognize my Kconfig and makefile?[after i create them under
> sparse/net/foo/] and thus will it be included automatically during
> make world?

I think you'd need to seed the sparse tree with net/{Kconfig,Makefile}
fro the ref- tree and then modify them to refer to your new
subdirectory.

If this is just for local hacking you could modify the versions in the
build tree without touching the sparse tree.

Ian.