Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.1.1 -- initial patchqueue

On Monday, 10 September 2007 at 08:48, Ben Guthro wrote:

> Keir Fraser wrote:
>> We're using mercurial patchqueues. Mercurial version 0.9.1. I've
>> just cloned and applied the patch queue from scratch with no
>> problems.
>>
> Perhaps it is a regression in the behavior of hg? I am using 0.9.3, and
> cannot get the patch queue to apply:
> [bguthro@bguthro xen-3.1.1.hg]$ hg qpush -a
> applying 15078-6145e5508d6b
> abort: decoding near 'Ingard Mevïg <ingard': 'utf8' codec can't decode
> bytes in position 186-188: invalid data!
> transaction abort!
> rollback completed

Looks like the patch header is latin-1 (or thereabouts) and your LANG
is utf-8. "LANG=latin-1 hg qpush" is likely to fix it, and
"HGENCODINGMODE=replace hg push -a" will silently replace any
undecodable characters with ?. Since this only applies to the patch
header it's probably fine for your purposes.