Re: [Xen-devel] Xen watchdog?

I took a brief look at it. It was kind of big, with no great justification.
I would have written a simple little user daemon for kicking the watchdog
directly, rather than add extra stuff in our Linux kernel. But perhaps the
latter is the 'proper' way? If so, the driver probably needs review on lkml.

Either way, I think the hypervisor interface should support multiple
entities per guest trying to set up a watchdog timer. Even if just so that
entities that lose the race get -EBUSY. This would make it safer to use
without a single controlling entity in the guest kernel.

Are you up for kicking these patches into shape, Mark?

 -- Keir