Re: [Xen-devel] get_callback_via for Windows PV drivers

On 27/9/07 11:55, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Looking at the 'unmodified_drivers', it appears that I'm supposed to
> tell the hypervisor the IRQ number to use to signal me. Under the
> Windows DDK, I get an Interrupt Vector, which I don't think is the same
> as an IRQ number... and I think I'm supposed to work backwards from the
> vector to try and figure out what IRQ I'm supposed to pass the
> hypervisor.

The documentation in public/hvm/params.h is pretty clear. Either you can
specify the PCI INTx line by bus,dev,fn,pin, or you can specify the GSI that
the line is 'wired' to. Neither of these values is determinable from the
interrupt vector. However, if you have probed the PCI device then you
probably know the (bus,dev,fn,pin) tuple, so you should probably aim to
specify that.

 -- Keir