Re: [Xen-devel] Coredumps and 'crash' utility...

Hi, Roger

>I'm using XenSource 4.0 and have the need to debug the
>XenSource-provided hypervisor's coredump file produce at /proc/vmcore.
>I tried using Anderson's "crash" utility to read that file but I'm
>getting the following error:
>
>crash ./vmlinuz /dom0/proc/vmcore

I've never used XenSource 4.0, but is /dom0/proc/vmcore vmcore
created with kdump of xen?
And is ./vmlinuz compiled with CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y?
I don't know that crash support gzipped vmlinux,
because I always use vmlinux(not gzipped) compiled with CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y.

"readelf -x vmcore" and crash -d7 ./vmlinuz /dom0/proc/vmcore
are better infomations than file command.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe