Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] [xen-3.1-testing] xend: fix server/netif.py so that it respects type=None.

On 5/10/07 17:17, "David Edmondson" <dme@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 05:09:55PM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
>> Not clear there's a perfect solution that doesn't involve modifying the
>> Solaris PV netback to interpret None as SunW_mac (or whatever it was).
>> That's probably the nicest solution of all, and get rid of netback_type
>> default altogether. But that may be unacceptable due to backward compat
>> issues with existing Solaris PV netback?
>
> I don't believe that there are any backwards compatibility issues
> here. The people using the current OpenSolaris bits are versed in
> dealing with change.

Okay, so what's the conclusion? It sounds like:
 1. What is currently in 3.1-testing and unstable is okay, and you will
modify your netback driver; but
 2. We should clean up by removing xoption.netback_type in a further patch,
because it's not used any longer.

Right?

 -- Keir