[Xen-devel] Double mapping of iomem assertion

We have two drivers that both map a region of IO memory from a PCI
device.  This works fine on Linux, but in xen dom0 we hit an assertion
in arch/i386/mm/ioremap-xen.c:direct_remap_area_pte_fn() when doing the
second ioremap():

        BUG_ON(!pte_none(*pte));

It's not clear to me whether this is just an over-eager assertion or if
this operation is genuinely not supported on Xen.  The assertion doesn't
seem to be related to the operation of that function, and if I remove it
everything seems to work fine.

Is anyone who is more familiar with this code able to throw any light on
the reason for the assertion?

Thanks

Kieran