Re: [Xen-devel] Live migration with MMIO pages

At 16:36 +0000 on 01 Nov (1193934965), Kieran Mansley wrote:
> One question in my mind is whether the tests of iomem_access_permitted()
> in _sh_propogate() would be better replaced with the more general
> shadow_mode_translate().  The former seemed less risky to me as

You could do that.  I think the correct test is shadow_mode_refcounts();
as Keir pointed out, guests whose refcounting isn't done by the shadow
code will have had their pagetables validated bby the PV MMU interface.

The test around the log-dirty code can just be on mfn_valid().

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems.