Re: [Xen-devel] Solaris build fix breaks Solaris

On 13/11/07 17:32, "John Levon" <levon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 05:00:03AM +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:
>
> -melf_i386 translates to using an internal script, specifically
> /usr/sfw/i386-pc-solaris2.11/lib/ldscripts/elf_i386.xc on
> Solaris. Clearly -nostdlib means it can't be used, so it cannot find the
> relevant script and gives up:
>
> hatchback:~ $  gld -nostdlib -melf_i386 a.o
> gld: cannot open linker script file ldscripts/elf_i386.xc: No such file or
> directory
>
> Since the -nostdlib is presumably there for a reason, the correct fix
> seems to be to remove $(LDFLAGS_DIRECT), right?

Huh, okay. Well actually I think -nostdlib is overkill. I didn't add it
originally, and I hadn't realised that all it does is kill some default
library paths. Xen itself is linked without -nostdlib, for example.

I'll just kill uses of -nostdlib.

 -- Keir