Re: [Xen-devel] 15142:78389dbb08bb and domain state

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 07:45:38PM +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:

> >> I remember it being both, but it might have been - unfortunately I can
> >> only create screwed domains at the moment (!).
> >
> > It's both:
> >
> > bash-3.00# xm list
> > Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> > Time(s)
> > Domain-0                                     0  6718     4     r-----
> > 119.7
> > sxc13                                           1024     1
> > 52.0
> > sxc15                                        1   900     1     ------
> > 37.8
> >
> > The domain is not listed in the 'q' output at this point. Is there another
> > way
> > to fix the bug that regressed this behaviour?
>
> Is it explicable how this happens for you but not for me? I haven't been
> seeing domains hang around in 'cm list' after domain destruction at all.

I presume that there's something slightly different due to being Solaris
dom0/domU. I would presume it's our bug except that we don't have
changes to this area of the code, and by inspection I can't see why
anything would be different. One notable point is that this domU is
still not using hvcopy for its networking.

I still haven't figured out the exact path: destroyDomain() is called,
but something goes wrong later on

regards
john