Re: [Xen-devel] Looking for a task in Xen

  • To: "Guy Zana" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Wiwida h" <wiwida.h@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:07:10 +0800
  • Cc: kapil jain <kapil.xen@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:07:47 -0800

Do you mean the page swap mechanism? Xen does not own device,  if adding disk support will require the disk ownership of xen.
I believe the complex memory management would make xen unstable.
There exsit some memory virtualization related technology, balloon, mutiple mapping etc.

2007/11/15, Guy Zana <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
What about adding paging to disk support?
Today, the number of virtual machines you can create depends on the amount of physical memory present on the system.