Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xend transaction reduction breaks migration

  • To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:11:29 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:12:27 -0800

On 15/11/07 18:46, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 15/11/07 18:39, "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> all happen in one large transaction. Oddly though, I tried to be careful so
>> that I only changed the codepath for the 'xm list' operation (well the SEXPR
>> call to the list operation). Other operations like create, save, restore
>> ought to be left using fine grained transactions as before.
>
> I'll have another look at nearby changesets in xen-unstable then. Yours
> doesn't really look all that likely to cause this problem, except that the
> empirical evidence does point at it.

It is your patch. The readDomTxn() functions and friends should prepend the
dompath, not the vmpath.

We wouldn't notice this normally since self.console_port is not actually
really used after domain building. So we have to race the migration thread
to get the assertion to fire, and that happens fairly rarely.

 -- Keir