[Xen-devel] Re: [xen-discuss] problem with network in domU

Maciej Browarski wrote:
Hello,
I'm using xen-3.1.2 downloaded today from repository.
As dom0 I have linux-kernel 2.6.18 and Debian distro.
As domU I install OpenSolaris Nevada 75a.
My config file looks:
name = 'osdev'
memory = '1024'
vcpus = 2
disk = [ 'file:/mnt/xen/osdev/disk.raw,0,w', 'file:/mnt/xen/osdev/disk1.raw,1,w' ]
vif = [ '' ]
on_shutdown = 'destroy'
on_reboot = 'destroy'
on_crash = 'destroy'

After xm create I see new devices in dom0: peth0, xenbr0 and etc.
bash# brctl show
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif0.0
                                                        peth0
                                                        vif3.0
So, on dom0 outside network works fine, but on domU I have strange behavior ( dom0 and domU has addresses from DHCP). From domU I catch good address. I can also ping outside gateway but connect with any TCP/UDP ports outside my machine is incorrect (there are only SYN and SYN/ACK nothing more and timeout).
All connection between dom0 and domU works good.
Have you any idea what's wrong ?

sounds a bit like you're having difficulty with checksums.

the following is a way to disable ip checksums *in dom0*; I don't know whether the same works in domU, but you could give it a try:

Set "ip:dohwcksum" to 0 in /etc/system. Reboot, retest, report results.

(btw: that means you need to add a line looking like this:
        set ip:dohwcksum = 0
to /etc/system in your domU)

hth
--
Michael Schuster        Sun Microsystems, Inc.
recursion, n: see 'recursion'