Re: [Xen-devel] domU does not attach disk under periods of high IO?

  • To: Ray Barnes <whi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:38:53 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 02:33:30 -0800

There was a bug in the kernel xenbus implementation where blkfront would not wait for partition tables to be parsed before signalling that a device connection was ‘ready’. Take a look and see if your blkfront.c in your kernel has a function called ‘blkfront_is_ready’. If not, then you need changesets 82 and 217 from http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg

There have also been problems with a buggy version of nash. I can’t remember the precise details right now unfortunately.

 -- Keir