[Xen-devel] problem with running multiple guest domains

Dear developers,

I use Xen 3.1 / Debian Etch to build networking lab for the students in my University. I need to run about 160 VMs for the current lab setup.

I have an acute problem, though, with running multiple Xen guest domains. Namely, I can bring up only about 70 guest domains, then every additional VM I try to start crashes, complaining it cannot find the root device.

I have posted this question to the xen-users list, but nobody has responded yet. Do you have any clue what might cause the problem or what can be done to debug it?

Thanks in advance,

Arik