Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.1.2 domU clock goes out of sync

  • To: Tõnu Raitviir <jussuf@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:30:30 +0000
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:25:04 -0800

I wonder if dom0 has remembered some ntp-derived adjustment values despite
ntpd no longer running. That would explain why it continues to keep good
time while all others drift. The others drifting is quite explicable -- they
are only as accurate as our estimate of platform timer (PIT or HPET)
frequency at boot time, and the accuracy of the crystal that drives that
timer is probably only good to about 100ppm.

So... running ntpd in dom0 is a good idea. :-)

 -- Keir