Re: [Xen-devel] Sharing machine pages among domains

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 20:26 -0700, Haifeng He wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have another question about memory sharing among domains(domUs). I know that
> grant table can be used for memory sharing. But my question is if it is
> possible
> to setup memory sharing before domain starts. For example, suppose
> I have 2 domUs: A and B. Before A and B are booted, is it possible to map
> certain physical pages of A and B into the same machine pages? Any comment?

yes, this is possible. quite a number of pages get 'shared' that way,
e.g. the console and xenstore mfns. see e.g. the definition of the
start_info struct in the xen headers and see e.g. the domain builder
code (tools/libxc/xc_(linux|*)_build.c) on how this is set up from dom0.
you might just need to add a few lines to get what you want.

regards,
daniel

--
Daniel Stodden
LRR     -      Lehrstuhl fÃr Rechnertechnik und Rechnerorganisation