Re: [Xen-devel] first binary release of GPL Windows PV drivers

James Harper schrieb:
> I've since got 3.1.2 working and it works under that. I'm also using a
> 64-bit hypervisor, so I don't expect that that's the problem.
>
> Are you on Intel or AMD? Robert pointed out that there might be
> differences between the two and I've only got access to AMD test
> environments...

Okay, I found what was messing up things.

I used older installations of XP/2003 where APIC was disabled.

I tried with a fresh installation of XP with APIC enabled and with a
fresh installation of XP with APIC disabled.
ACPI was always enabled.

With APIC it works, without it doesn't.
Unfortunately it also doesn't work on a non-apic machine after enabling
APIC, but that might be because windows doesn't recognise that an APIC
was added.

The other way round, after disabling apic on an apic-machine leads into
the freezes I mentioned earlier.

If I can do anything to help, please let me know.

Patrick