RE: [Xen-devel] Dynamic-irq's in HVM domains

I can't help with the Windows side I'm afraid, perhaps there is a
windows dev newsgroup or something that might be useful?

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 20:02 +1100, James Harper wrote:
> I made the assumption that 'Dynamic-irq' is the same as virq... if
> not, what is a virq? It appears to be something that the hypervisor is
> aware of as there is a hypercall to bind to one.

They are IRQ sources from the hypervisor (as opposed to from a virtual
or physical device or another domain). From xen/include/public/xen.h:
        #define VIRQ_TIMER      0  /* V. Timebase update, and/or requested
timeout.  */
        #define VIRQ_DEBUG      1  /* V. Request guest to dump debug info.
     */
        #define VIRQ_CONSOLE    2  /* G. (DOM0) Bytes received on emergency
console. */
        #define VIRQ_DOM_EXC    3  /* G. (DOM0) Exceptional event for some
domain.   */
        #define VIRQ_TBUF       4  /* G. (DOM0) Trace buffer has records
available.  */
        #define VIRQ_DEBUGGER   6  /* G. (DOM0) A domain has paused for
debugging.   */
        #define VIRQ_XENOPROF   7  /* V. XenOprofile interrupt: new sample
available */
        #define VIRQ_CON_RING   8  /* G. (DOM0) Bytes received on console
     */
plus a handful of VIRQ_ARCH<n>

They are used by binding them to an event channel using
EVTCHNOP_bind_virq, as you've probably noticed.

Ian.