RE: [Xen-devel] SCSI passthrough using /dev/sgX

> We are not developing SCSI of Windows.
> We have no plan to depvelop Windows SCSI pass-through currently.
>
> Our SCSI pass-through doesn't use SCSI Generic.

Are you planning on allowing the export of only a single device, eg if
the SCSI bus was like this:

#0 - SCSI Disk
#1 - SCSI Disk
#5 - SCSI CDROM
#6 - SCSI Tape
#7 - SCSI HBA

Could I export #5 to one domain, #6 to another domain, and use #0 and #1
in Dom0? Maybe your code already can do this?

> Does using SCSI Generic in backend mean user-space access ?

/dev/sgX is the SCSI Generic interface, and it is available in
userspace.

Thanks

James