Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Next steps with pv_ops for Xen

On 5/12/07 14:30, "Derek Murray" <Derek.Murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Keir Fraser wrote:
>> Is this patch to go into linux-2.6.18-xen.hg then?
>
> Yes, even if it doesn't fix the exact bug we're seeing here, I think it
> should go in. I've attached a version with my signed-off-by and a better
> commit comment.

Actually I'm not so sure now. Presumably you add VM_PFNMAP to make
vm_normal_page() return NULL? But actually I would expect pte_pfn() to
return max_mapnr because the mapped page is not a local page. And that
should cause vm_normal_page() to return NULL always, regardless of whether
you assert VM_PFNMAP. Is gntdev being used to grant-and-map local pages in
the test that causes the crash?

 -- Keir