Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Next steps with pv_ops for Xen

D.G. Murray wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> Maybe a change to the gntdev userspace API to allow batching
>> of mapping requests?
>
> Something along the lines of the following?
>
> void *xc_gnttab_map_grant_refs(int xcg_handle,
>                                uint32_t count,
>                                uint32_t *domids,
>                                uint32_t *refs,
>                                int prot);

Yes, except that it should actually work ;)

It doesn't for me (Fedora 8 again).  Grab xenner 0.9 (just uploaded),
edit blkbackd.c and flip the BATCH_MAPS from 0 to 1, compile, run, see
it not work.

With BATCH_MAPS being 0 blkbackd works nicely as blktap/tapdisk drop-in
replacement.

cheers,
  Gerd