Re: [Xen-devel] sharing file between running domU (windowxp) and dom0

  • To: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Pradeep Singh <rautelap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 20:25:58 +0530
  • Cc: rajneesh rana <rajneeshrana009@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 06:56:46 -0800

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 14:41:59 +0000
Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]
> > XenFS looks like an interesting prospect.Shared memory instead of
> > network perhaps will mean better speed.
>
> That's the idea, both because you're cutting out the overhead of
> simulating a network (and all the protocol processing) and because it
> exposes more knowledge about the underlying system - which could
> enable more optimisations (such as sharing the same cached filesystem
> data between multiple domains).

Sounds good.
Good luck and thanks for your time.
Will try to get to XenFS source sooner or later :).

Cheers,
        Pradeep

--
heh...people do try to read my signature.

http://eagain.wordpress.com
http://emptydomain.googlepages.com