RE: [Xen-devel] frontend not being notified about packets received?

> I'm working on the windows xen pv drivers in Andy's absence, and am
> noticing a strange behaviour... I'm not getting a notification of
> packets received until there are lots of them, then I get them all at
> once, but up to a minute or so later if there isn't much activity.
>
> I have tinkered with setting "feature-rx-notify" to zero and one, and
> omitting it altogether, but it doesn't appear to change anything.
>
> Any hints would be greatly appreciated. I'm using the latest Debian
> 2.6.18 packages from Etch, and Xen 3.1.1.

Found the problem. rsp_event wasn't being set properly.

For anyone who's interested, xennet now appears to basically be working.
I am able to get a DHCP address from a Linux server, and ping it,
although arp seems to take longer than it should to sort itself out, and
it seems to muck up your existing qemu network adapter too (forgets it's
static IP address etc).

Ping latency drops from around 400us with the qemu drivers to about
200us with the PV drivers. I haven't tested much else at this stage.

The above updates are all in hg.

James